What is Black Mesa?
- We analyze Black Mesa, it is the remake of one of the best and most influential video games in history, the unforgettable Half-Life.
- For Black Mesa, the year 1998, a year of great releases within the video game sector, being one of the leading candidates for the medium’s history’s best year.
- In 12 months of incomparable joy for the hobbyist, we received countless releases of enormous quality.
- Capcom surprises us with a Resident Evil 2 that turned out to be a huge bombshell, just like its recent remake.
- Sega gave us one last jewel for its dying Saturn with that marvel of the RPG, Panzer Dragoon Saga, a true masterpiece.
- Blizzard He gave a total turnaround to one of the genres that hit the PC the strongest, real-time strategy, launching the colossal Star craft.
- It would also mark many of the foundations of what electronic sports have ended up being.
- Master Hideo Kojima shook the industry’s foundations with Metal Gear Solid.
- And Lucas Arts offered us a majestic swan song from the Grim Fandango adventure game.
- Nintendo makes our dreams come true by elevating the video game to its highest expression with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Lucky PC gamers received titles from the Fallout 2 stall and Baldur’s Gate.
- It odes to the best role with different staging, or the superb Thief: The Dark Project, with Ken Levine’s weight or Warren Spector behind.
Titles of game sector
- And with these and other titans, we received dozens of major titles that, for reasons of space we ignore, in a majestic year for the video game sector.
- Standing out in that year within the video game sector was certainly not something that happened because of the shortage of quality exponents.
- The 1998 of indelible memory left us the debut of a virtually unknown developer.
- It is just two years early by a couple of former Microsoft employees, Mike Harrington and one Gabe Newell.
How is the most popular PC video game referred to as “Doom-type games”?
- The first Valve game, which was the name of these good gentlemen, would be a game of the first-person shooter in the vein of id classics like the Doom mentioned above or Quake.
- It would be precisely a version of the engine of the latter licensed by id.
- And also, that Valve customized ad nauseam to adjust it to its pretensions to model its creature.
- In addition to the influences, its creators mention the Stephen King novel.
- “The Fog” or a chapter in the series “Beyond the Limit” (“The Outer Limits”) entitled topic “The Borderland.
- “After a struggle to find a distributor to launch the game, Mr. Newell’s company allied himself with nothing more and less than the giant Sierra.
- On November 19, 1998, Valve released Half-Life, and the world of video games would never be the same again.
- Half-Life came to completely revolutionize the narrative within the genre of first-person shooter games, particularly the medium in general.
- Valve’s title altogether fled from cinematic or pre-recorded scenes to tell us its story.
- It is giving us control of our avatar at all times so that we fully experience this incomparable sci-fi epic through their eyes.
- Several moments were indeed encrypts.
- But the Valve title knew how to masterfully camouflage it to immerse us in its world.
- It makes us feel that our actions had an impact on it in a way that no title had before.
Blockchain and Crypto Trends Shaping Online Gaming
Although blockchain technology started out with crypto-related applications, banking, logistics, agriculture, and even medicine are now just some of the…
USD Coin – USD Coin price today, USDC live marketcap, Chart, and Information
What is the USD Coin? The USD Coin (USDC) is a type of crypto currency described as “price stable.” It…