What is Aerobics?
Aerobics is a combination of cardiovascular exercises performs to the sound of music.
- Aerobics classes usually consist of following a series of routines and dance steps that increase your heartbeat rate.
- The sport puts the whole body in continuous movement; it also improves flexibility, coordination, orientation, and rhythm.
- Although many new exercise modalities are due to aerobic activities, more and more gyms replace aerobics classes.
- And also, it gives more intense cardiovascular exercise modalities, such as body combat or spinning.
Types of Aerobics
1. Circuit Aerobics
It consists of performing short exercise circuits during class with rest intervals.
Variant of aerobics that generally acts in a pool and that, the resistance opposed by the water, doubles the effects of exercise.
3. Body styling
Combine aerobic exercise with muscle toning.
Physical conditioning program choreographed in intervals that intersperses low, medium, and high-intensity aerobic workouts.
In this modality, self-defense exercises perform alternating with dance movements.
High-intensity aerobic exercise in which the choreographed steps performed on a platform increases cardiovascular activity.
The instructor combines dance moves with aerobics developing choreographies to the rhythm of the music of different modalities.
8. Digital aerobics
It is performed on dance platforms and following the indications of a computer program.
Health benefits of aerobic exercise
- Aerobic exercise reduces subcutaneous fat and locates between the muscles, which uses it as fuel or primary energy source.
- You lose weight by reducing body fat, which is the primary source of energy.
- Improves cardiovascular function and lung capacity
- It positively influences the mood, improving self-esteem.
- Lowers blood pressure in the medium term
- It lowers the levels of total cholesterol in the blood and those of LDL cholesterol or bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It increases HDL cholesterol, or good cholesterol, reducing the risk of a heart attack.
- Reduces blood glucose levels in diabetics
- Improves heart rate, lung capacity, circulation in general, and the use of oxygen
- Firms the tissues
- Reduces the cardiovascular mortality
- Increases the re-absorption of calcium amount by the bones
Aerobic exercise vs Anaerobic exercise
- These concepts refer to how the body obtains energy. If you need oxygen, it is called aerobic.
- While anaerobic exercise includes brief strength-based activities such as weightlifting or sprinting.
- Aerobic exercise focuses on lower-intensity activities.
- Still, it is performed over a more extended period to achieve greater endurance.
- The most typical aerobic activities are running, walking, cycling, and swimming.
- Unlike anaerobic exercise, aerobic exercise does not increase muscle mass.
- However, it increases lung capacity and burns fatter. I recommend you combine the two types of training for a better long-term result.
Calculate the intensity of aerobic exercise
- Firstly, to calculate the percentage of intensity, specialists recommend reaching, the maximum number of beats per minute.
- Secondly, we consider safe to get a healthy heart (maximum frequency), 220 for men and 210 for women, is subtracted from the age of the subject.
- According to this parameter, an exercise ranging from 55 to 60 percent of maximum frequency considers mild.
- Lastly, it is moderate if it is between 60 and 70 percent, and vigorous if it performs between 75 and 85 percent.
- Before practicing aerobic exercise, it is necessary to pass a medical examination to evaluate cardiovascular conditions and thus know what type of aerobic exercise is the most appropriate.
- Lower intensity exercises, such as aerobics, are recommended for those with a worse physical shape.
- And also, significantly overweight, or with some bone, respiratory or cardiac pathology.
- However, It is good to start the exercise with a warm-up of about 10 minutes.
- And also, finish with a cool-down period and subsequent stretching to prevent injuries to the muscles.
- Constant hydration is essential during sports practice.
Also Read: Women’s Clothes – Styling and Top Tips to choose Women’s Clothes according to body
In addition, you can read more helpful resources at beloveliness
Review What is Aerobics –Definition, Types of Aerobics, Benefits, Tips, and More.