Austin Jones: The YouTuber
- YouTube star Austin Jones was sentenced to 10 years in prison for encouraging his underage fans to send him dozens of sexually explicit videos and images.
- Austin Jones 26-year-old from Bloomingdale, Illinois, was arrested on two counts of child pornography production in 2017.
- And admitted in a plea deal that he used Facebook about 30 times to connect with young fans and convince them to send him videos.
- Before his arrest, Jones’s YouTube following had grown to more than 500,000.
- Thanks to his performances of other artists’ material, as well as his original songs.
- During the case, it was revealed that in the criminal lawsuit against the singer.
- One of his accusers revealed that Jones told him during a conversation in 2016 that he was “lucky.”
- He was paying attention and had to “prove” that she was his biggest fan, recording sexually explicit videos and sending them to him later.
- “The production and receipt of child pornography are severe crimes that threaten the safety of our children and communities,” said Deputy District Attorney Katherine Neff Welsh.
- “Jones’s actions took something from his victims and their families that they can never get back.”
- Jones’s case had a good time going on online: In 2015, he was criticized for asking his fans to send him twerking videos.
- Jones later apologized in a video, insisting that no sexual contact had occurred between him and the fans.
- While YouTube demonetized his account, it initially did not do so after his guilty plea last February, saying the channel itself “did not violate its terms of service.”
- However, he quickly changed his mind and lowered the circulation channel. Now Jones will spend up to a decade in prison.
- Homeland Security Special Agent James Gibbons said in a statement that “Austin Jones’s sentencing represents a major step toward justice for the young victims he manipulated and exploited.”
- The victim asked if he would not send the video to anyone, to which he replied: “I delete them after I see them.”
- According to the conversation, Jones continued to pressure the girl to change her clothes and stay late.
- When the younger said she had to go to bed, he asked her to take that very seriously.
- Between the chat, Jones asks his victim, “In your opinion, do you think your butt is good enough to make kids go crazy?”
- The young woman responded immediately: “Yes, he has given me privileges with the boys.”
- Then Jones texted him: “I still haven’t liked it; I’ll add more lines and bounces if you think that will help you,” he noted.
- The girl in the conversation would have sent 15 videos to Jones, of which is 10. She would appear naked from the waist down.
- The young man would have repeated the dialogues with most of the fans.
- To whom he threatened never to speak to them again if they did not send videos.
- If you are my biggest fan, you would. You’re doing very well, but I need my biggest fan to have confidence.
- I have to see your butt to know for sure that you care 100 percent.
- He wrote to one of his followers, who refused to send him any more videos.
- Regarding Jones’ sentencing, the Tribunal ruled that the singer’s main fan base was teenagers.
- So he abused his vulnerability so that they participated in sexually explicit conduct.
Also Read: Song lyrics – Importance, Process, Art of writing Song lyrics, Topics, and More
Also, You can find more helpful resources at thepinkcharm.