What is Crunch Fitness?
- It’s easy to get lost deciding what exercise to have Crunch Fitness but focus on how to crunch the right way, so you always do it the right way, no matter which one you choose!
- If you can learn to crunch the right way, you can do it anywhere with a bit of space.
- Plus, the benefit doesn’t end with the crunch; knowing to move your body safely and correctly.
- It will allow you to transfer that knowledge to a wide variety of exercises.
Best Crunch Fitness Methods
Follow these fantastic five steps to perform an abdominal crunch correctly.
1. FIND YOUR STARTING POSITION
- Lie on the floor with your knees bending all over.
- Keep your knees aligned with the balls of your feet; do not allow them to turn inward.
- Place your hands and fingers on either side of the back of your head and stretch your elbows out.
- Do not hold on to the head, as it increases the chance that you will pull on the neck.
- Alternatively, you can cross your arms across your chest or extend them on either side of your thighs or around it.
- Keep your feet flat on the surface or floor throughout the movement.
2. STRENGTHENS THE ABDOMEN
- Once you are in the starting position, take a deep breath and hold your breath.
- Imagine that you are wearing a belt then bend your hips so that the belt buckle points towards the navel.
- You should feel your stomach muscles tense when doing these movements.
- Now, breathe out a little bit (as if you are ‘shushing’ someone) to bring your ribs to the floor.
- You will now have a strengthened abdomen (and you should feel it!).
- Try to maintain the still position throughout the exercise to protect your spine and achieve more practice effectiveness.
3. IT’S TIME TO CRUNCH
- Now you are ready to crunch!
- The secret of this exercise is to be in control, and it does not require many movements at all.
- All you can do is imagine that you are trying to bring the muscles from the upper part of the stomach to the navel.
- The spine’s movement takes place in the middle and upper back, and the neck should remain neutral.
- If done correctly, only the shoulders should lift off the ground.
- Control movement in both directions; don’t relax when you go down to the floor.
4. THE SECRET IS IN THE BREATH
- Performing this exercise doesn’t just depend on movement.
- You must make sure that you are doing the correct breathing to get the most out of practice.
- A vital component of the exercises translates into all other activities.
- In the rising phase of the crunch, you must exhale ‘making silence,’ as you did when strengthening the abdomen.
- You will automatically inhale air as you return to the starting position.
- Don’t rush during exercise; between each rep, make sure you’ve returned to the starting position, and your core is strengthened.
5. PERFORMANCE AND PROGRESS
- Do 2 or 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
- You can try to progress by adding a rep or two to each session.
- Once you’ve moved to the point of performing 25 reps on all sets.
- You can increase the exercise’s difficulty by adding a one to three-second hold at the highest end of the movement on each agent.
Also Read: Legend of Zelda Games – Description, Approach, Elements, and Official Timelines
Also, You can find more helpful resources at techiescity.